UK August bank holiday 2021: Aside from the hot boat that took a week off last month, summer has become a small bag this year.
Full list of bank holidays in England and Wales in 2021
- 1 January (Friday) – New Year’s Day
- 2 April (Friday) – Good Friday
- 5 April (Monday) Easter Monday
- 3 May (Monday) – Early May bank holiday
- 31 May (Monday) – Spring bank holiday
- 30 August (Monday) – Summer bank holiday
- 27 December (Monday) – Christmas Day (substitute day)
- 28 December (Tuesday) – Boxing Day (substitute day)
With heavy rains and cooler temperatures in early July and Storm Evert currently causing unrest in many parts of the country, the Brits will have to adjust to at least the worst weather this week.
Despite the unfavorable weather conditions, however, many in the UK are still holding on to the hope of a second heat with the Met Office hoping that the mid-month to end of the month will be much warmer than the heavy rains and stormy conditions that many are accustomed to.
- Gold Cup winner: United States men’s national team has beaten Mexico in a cup final.
- Covid-19 cases surge in Florida, breaking 2020’s record
And what better way to celebrate hot weather than with a long Bank Holiday Weekend.
The government approved eight bank holidays this year and next at the end of this month.
Bank holidays often mark national holidays such as Christmas, New Year and Easter.
However, some are related to the two seasons in spring and summer, late August.
The next bank holiday is a few weeks away, August 30th.
It’s just three more bank holidays left this year with a long wait until we enjoy another long weekend.
It will be Christmas and Boxing Day and both times will be on the weekend which means Bank Holiday’s will be replaced by December 27 and 28.