Prince Charles walks away from ‘sales nobility’ scandal

121

Prince Charles, the heir to the British throne, tried to distance himself from the scandal of a billionaire, Saudi donor, former royal aide who promised the title of an aristocrat, on Monday, the 6th. A spokeswoman for Clarence House, Charles’ official residence, said the prince was “unaware of the deal”. United Kingdom.

Prince Charles walks away from ‘sales nobility’ scandal

Michael Fawcett, who is close to the prince, is alleged to have promised to help grant British citizenship and knighthood on Sunday. Mahfouz Mary Mubarak bin Mahfouz, one of the great supporters of the Prince Foundation, was created in 1986 by Prince Charles. The allegations were made via a Sunday newspaper mail in the Sunday Times.

Mahfouz is reported to have donated £ 1.5 million (approximately $ 10 million) to Charles for the revival of projects of personal interest, including Castle May. Scotland. Donate to the reconstruction project of Dumfries House, a building in central Point Scotland, where a garden and fountain are named after the prince. According to the Sunday Times, Mahfouz denied any wrongdoing.

At a private ceremony in 2016, Charles Mahfouz was awarded the title of Commander-in-Chief of the British Empire. Hey, the Sunday Mail published a letter intended from 2017, in which Fawcett said he was ready to change the title to Knighthood, as well as supporting Mahfouz’s application for citizenship.

The letter, written on the head-head and signed by Fawcett, chairman of the Dumfries House Trust, stated that the request was made in response to the Prince Charles Foundation’s “recent and expected support”.

Following the allegations, Fawcett temporarily resigned as chief executive of the Prince Foundation. This Monday, he remained silent when asked by reporters if Mahfouz had been given a “guarantee of respect for money”.

Fox News reports that Metropolitan Police have so far filed two complaints against Charles. Graham Smith, chief executive of the political organization Republic, said he had condemned Charles and Fawcett for violating the 1925 Honors Act.

Norman Baker, a former member of the British Parliament, has asked the British Royal Family to launch a criminal investigation into the matter by Metropolitan Policy Commissioner Dame Cressida Dick. “If politicians are committed to selling dignity or supporting citizens, they will be in trouble. This also applies to Prince Charles,” he said.

Times of London reported that Prince Charles would be “100%” offered to help the Saudi billionaire, with the newspaper describing him as a “payment adviser to Mahfouz”, according to the stockbroker. Charles is reported to have met the Saudi billionaire in 2014 and 2015 in Riyadh, Clarence House, and Dumfries House.

The Prince Foundation has launched its investigation. Clarence House said in a statement Monday that it was supporting the Prince Charles investigation. “The Prince of Wales has no understanding of the honor or offer of British citizenship based on his donation and fully supports the ongoing investigation.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here